Since my sister's wedding was in Rapid City, we decided to drive over to the Mount Rushmore National Memorial. It was really fun to see this sculpture up-close (although it wasn't as big in person as I had imagined it would be).
My sister and I had to take a few jumping pictures. A couple people were looking at us like we were crazy, but we didn't let a few Negative Nancies stop us from having a good time!
And one last photo from the trip...getting our groove on at the wedding reception! By the way, I have absolutely NO RYTHYM, which I'm pretty sure is a trait I inherited from my Dad. But who cares what you look like when you are having FUN!
And now I will leave you with some fun Mount Rushmore facts from the National Park Service Website:
- More than 90% of Mount Rushmore was carved with dynamite blasts.
- The four presidents included in the sculpture are George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln.
- It took 14 years to carve Mount Rushmore. Work began on October 4, 1927 and the sculpture was completed on October 31,1941.
- Carved by the artist and sculptor Gutzon Borglum, along with 400 workers.
- The sculpture cost $989,992.32 to build.