This past weekend I decided to attend the Holi Festival of Colors for the first time and I'm so glad I did...it was a blast! Holi is a Hindu celebration of the arrival of Spring. It originated in India, but the one here in Utah (at the Spanish Fork Sri Sri Radha Krishna temple) is the largest in the Western hemisphere! My friend Kelsey and her husband met us there and we had such a fun time.
We left completely covered in color/dirt, but it was totally worth it. My kids really loved it (except when they got a bit of color in their eyes) and they fell asleep as soon as we got in the car. A good day, indeed.
P.S. If you are in Utah, you should come to Fashion Place Mall this Friday (April 5th) from 6-8pm. They are having a big Spring Fashion event, where there will be fashion shows, photography/art on display and a great Instagram Giveaway for those who attend. There will be lots of awesome bloggers there too, so you should definitely go! For those of you attending the event, here is what you will need to do to enter the giveaway:
2. Snap a photo on Instagram (photos must be taken at the Fashion Place Spring Fashion event featuring you, fashion, art, or a mix of these).
3. Tag both @fashionplacemall and #fashionplacemall so we can find your photos.
4. The more photos you take, the more entries you get (one entry per photo).
5. FP will host a drawing of all entrants and one lucky winner will receive a $250 gift card to shop your favorite stores at Fashion Place!
6. Winner will be announced Monday, Apr. 9, on Fashion Place’s Instagram and Facebook.
|Can you spot me and Gentri? We look like we are sleeping!|
I hope to see you there!